Bend’s Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage Specialty Studio is growing and we’re looking for a talented massage therapist to join us! We’ll take care of all the marketing, scheduling and studio expenses. You do massage in a low-drama, supportive environment.
About Sole Purpose Massage: We are Bend’s only massage studio specializing in Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage. We are primarily a therapeutic massage studio, but we also give clients the best of both worlds, with massages that get results and leave them feeling relaxed and amazing. Each massage is as unique as the client and may incorporate elements of barefoot massage, trigger point therapy, neuromuscular work, myofascial release techniques, Thai stretching, hot stones, or essential oils.
I am looking for someone who is skilled, creative, and comfortable providing treatment-based massage that also feels good. The ideal candidate will have a desire to learn Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage and be willing to attend an Ashiatsu Barefoot Basics training in Portland, Oregon. A solid combination of other massage modalities and techniques is desirable and can substitute for the Ashiatsu training. A solid knowledge of the body and a creative and holistic approach to treatment is desired, along with a thorough knowledge of several massage modalities. Modalities could include any of the following and other specialties the practitioner may have: Swedish, deep tissue, sports, Thai, NMT, Fijian, etc.
Perform a thorough intake, include assessment if needed, perform therapeutic massage treatments to our clients, keep accurate SOAP notes, and take payments.
The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication skills, must hold and maintain a current state license, and have their own liability insurance.
- Be on time for your shift, prompt with each appointment and perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service.
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law.
- Perform prep work, & properly clean and restock room as required.
- Handle client’s questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Attend support training and staff meetings as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must hold and maintain a current Oregon massage license.
- Must be available to work agreed upon hours, likely weekday mornings to early afternoon.
- Must possess the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Insurance billing experience is not required but is desirable.
- Training in some of the following modalities: Swedish, Deep Tissue, Hot Stones, Trigger Point Therapy, Shiatsu, Sports Massage, Prenatal Massage, or Reiki. (Other modalities not listed here are also desirable.)
- Must have excellent communication and listening skills, as well as basic computer knowledge.
- At least one year of massage experience is preferred.
Compensation will be dependent on skills and experience, but will be in the range of $28-35 per massage hour plus tips.
To apply: Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me what skill set or inspiration makes your work stand out as a massage therapist.